Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Fellas and Gals...Let's Get to It....

Look. I don't mean to be a nudge. I just mean to be me. Here's the deal. Is anybody reading this stuff? You got to let me know, cause I'm not Emily Freaking Dickenson who writes without response. So for the four of you who write regularly, forgive me. For the rest of you, stop being bums and sign in, register, go through whatever hoops you have to go through and let me know you are reading. Reason I've never published books is I don't want to do the work without knowing that a couple of million of you are going to read them. Not buy them, just read them. Reason I'm spending this much time writing things on the blog is to inform/be interesting/affect you. If I'm not doing that then I'll stop. I don't mean to waste your time. I certainly would rather be retying my shoelaces or sweeping the floor than spending 30-40 hours writing something on Shamanism that only 5 of your are going to read.
At the same time, I understand that these pleas for response are inappropriate for the few of you responding, so please forgive me. And L, Arbol, Bamboo, Dr. Grossman, The Grudge, Triche, Wind, I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the others. Certainly I love your posts, but I'm getting tired of not getting posts from the others.
What a wimp I am, eh? I'm just the fourth kid of six and so I guess I need attention. HA!
But I never meant to write to an audience of six. I am trying to change the world here, in at least a little way, and I want to know if it's affecting people.
So those who regularly respond don't need to pay attention to this. The rest of you, get with it, boys and girls.
Or else....what?
I don't know.
But it might just make a stinking shambles of your lives. SO START RESPONDING!
Peace, love 'n out,
GORMAN, the hell raising Queens Boy.
Careful of us.
Peter G

11 comments:

Paul de Boer said...

Good morning Mr. Gorman! Yes Mr. Gorman I read your blog daily, sometimes it's just for a good laugh and other times it is of interest in shamanism. Last week I also opened a few google adds from your blog. Good luck Paul de Boer

Hummingbird said...

Ummmmm.... Emily's middle name is Elizabeth, dear Peter... though I like the way "Freaking" rolls off the tongue...

:)

Paul de Boer said...

Hi Peter, Paul here again. I think if you would put the stories in a small book, it would be interesting, especially if you add your Cusco experiences as well with a lot of old photographs from the Matses as you published on your website.

Piers Alder said...

I'm reading - not every day but often. Don't stop!

I've also read every one of your 'Writings' and found them immensely interesting. I'd even go so far as to say my worldview has shifted a little as a result of reading them.

Of all the accounts of taking ayahuasca that I've read, yours remain the most convincing - you seem to have a broad understanding of what's going on, an acceptance of the weirder things without having to rationalise them away, and also a powerful engagement in the whole experience. As well as some amazing shamans you've worked with.

So, damn it, don't stop.

Peter Gorman said...

Thanks for the correction on Emily's middle name. I knew it didn't sound quite right when I wrote it, but...
I guess the thing is that I'm spending too much time alone and that's why these pleas for attention are going out...maybe it's time I get a hobby or at least get the guitar out of hock...

bamboo said...

What I enjoy most of your writing is the simple fact that verifies much of my own very simple understanding of ayahuasca and shaman related experiences. The differences and similarities between the practices from peru and my area keep me thinking well beyond my daily visit your site

mags said...

I shall set aside my natural dislike for being told what to do and assure you of large family that I do enjoy reading these posts that I've just discovered and find the ones about shamanism of huge interest and also salivate at descriptions of the food you're cooking.If you have any experiences with the spirit known as salvia divinorum, I should like to read of these as well.

Unknown said...

I'm reading it! I haven't read the posts about shamanism yet, but I intend to. But yes, I regularly read your blog and I rather enjoy it.

The Grudge said...

I feel sometime perhaps it is felt that there is nothing that can be commented that can add to a piece. Your stories are so interesting and I am not sure I can contribute in a meaningful way. Other than the "great story," which given as a compliment too often can be seen too scripted. With that said, good stories!

Johan said...

I sort of forgot about this, but then I just recently discovered that you had started to update it so I will be a regular here as well.

alan shoemaker said...

I'm here too Peter and love reading about the family I've lived with for short periods from time to time.... Seems some things never change!

Keep 'em coming!