Friday, September 28, 2012

Ayahuasca and San Pedro Simultaneously?

Someone brought up the subject of taking ayahuasca and San Pedro simultaneously and whether they might hurt, kill or injure someone. This was my response to the person.
Dear X: I can't really imagine aya or San Pedro permanently hurting people, either together, or alone. At the same time, I can't imagine doing both together: That would be like taking out two different girls with different wants and needs, at the same time--it could minimally lead to confusion and more likely a full-fledged fight! I say that because San Pedro is such a wonderful shape-shifter: It changes the speed of the vibrations of your body and spirit so that you can see things normally hidden to us. Ayahuasca, on the other hand, is a door opener: She opens the door to allow us to see and experience things normally not open to us. So while they both allow us to expand the broadband of our senses to see more of what is actually going on all around us than we are normally seeing/experiencing in daily life, they do it in very different ways. And because those new experiences are often difficult for us to understand, I can't see a reason for making them more confusing--by doing both medicines simultaneously--than they already are. I would imagine one would do better by being simpler, more clear, more quiet, more silent.
    And I imagine that the proud spirits of these medicines would want to be appreciated fully, as well. And I think that would be more easily done by doing them separately.

No comments: