Sunday, January 26, 2014

Poverty is not a joke, right? And it's solvable...

My friend and former teacher Chris Halpin, who used to be Brother Francis and was the basketball coach at Bishop Reilly HS in the late 1960s, commented on poor people today. I had to concur. Here's what I wrote:
We are so out of kilter with what's important in this world and in this society. Simple things like aqueducts that would take excessive water from one part of our country to a parched area are not being considered--and imagine what that would do to the parched areas of Africa! We are frowning on raising the minimum wage and say those workers are not worth more when we put our health in their hands--and pay about 1 million Walmart workers with government subsidies to ensure that the Walton family make their $10 billion each, annually. We look at starving people in various places of the world and know that with a few billion, maybe 10-20 billion we could feed them all--and give them strength to work--but we would rather throw that food into landfills because it costs a few bucks to do the real work. We are simply out of alignment on so many things that it's difficult to see where to focus as an individual without a lot of means. But everything the world and its people and animals and insects need is already here, if we would just generously share. I'm a bleeding heart, I guess, but I often wonder how it is that others are not bleeding hearts? Shouldn't we all be bleeding for the poor, the displaced, the weary, the downtrodden, the abused, the victims of horror and genocide? I think we should. So I am with you on this.

1 comment:

Zarbby Malapai said...

Do anyone still doubt natural herbs? I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. I wonder why people still spend their money on injections and drugs each time they are sick. Natural herbs can cure all kinds of illness including herpes, diabetes, asthma, HIV, HSV1&2, hepatitis, HPV etc. I've seen it with my own eyes. I was cured from Herpes and HPV and my aunt and her husband were cured from Hiv too by DR. Chukwu madu herbs. He uses natural herbs to cure different kind of virus. Dr. CHUKWU,prove to the world that natural herbs can cure all illness and he cured countless people using herbs. I know is hard to believe but am a living testimony. I was diagnose of Herpes and HPV in 2016 and i believe there is cure even when the doctors said there is no cure yet. I strongly believe in herbs and i came across a comment on a blog written by Lisa Pierre, saying she was cured from HERPES by Dr. CHUKWU MADU and i contacted his herbal hom on the email that was provided on the comment and order one for myself and he send it to me through UPS and gave me instructions on how to use it and after i finish taken it i went for checkup and the result shows am Herpes and HPV NEGATIVE. The doctor said that the virus is completely gone from my body. There is no harm trying herbs it work perfectly and it has no effect. You can contact Dr. CHUKWU MADU to get yours.. His email is dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com.
WhatsApp +2347030936239.