Saturday, October 28, 2017

Wait!!!! I Forgot to Tell You What We Ate!!!!

Wait a minute!!!! I just wrote about all the guests that were here in the last three weeks, but I didn't tell you what I fed them!!!!! The first crew, in for 3-7 days, I already forgot what we ate. But the woman who came and stayed here for my 10-day sapo course--and my friend, the journalist who came at the same time but didn't take the course, they ate pretty well. I served my lime/parmesan chicken. I served couscous with lamb tagine; I served salmon and talapia; I served sliced steak with veggies; I served chicken parmesan with good thin spaghetti. I served hot roast beef sandwiches on good bread with freshly roasted red peppers and ghost pepper, pepper jack cheese. There were poblano peppers stuffed then roasted with yellow rice, seasoned chopped beef with veggies and good cheddar. There was a huge brisket with roasted potatoes and onions served with au jus.
And there was salad and hot spinach in garlic, and asparagus steamed and then sauteed with a bit of butter and balsamic vinegar. There was broccoli, a melange of zucchini, yellow squash, tomato, garlic, green onions.
There was papaya with lime, and mangos, oranges, tangerines, different types of pears, various apples, organic bananas.
There was smoked cheese and blue cheese, and fresh mozzarella, still wet. There was hummos and chips, fresh avocado, and fresh guacamole. There was salmon salad.
There was birthday cake and there was really, really good double chocolate and banana chocolate chip gelato.
Not on the same day, of course. But man, that was good eating. I love cooking.

No comments: