Monday, December 31, 2018

My wishes for you for the New Year


When I sing in the mornings, I sing for simple things. I sing for people without homes to have roofs over their heads and walls to keep them warm. I sing for people without potable water to have rain brought to them. I sing for people who are ill to find relief from pain and then get better. I sing for people who are heartbroken to have a new friend enter their lives. I sing for people who don't have enough food to discover someone who will provide them meals. I sing for people who do not have hope to open their eyes and look out at the beauty of nature and gather hope from that. I sing for people who suffer from war to have all the wars finally finished. I sing for people to share what they have, happily. I sing for people to understand that we are all connected: That the rain that waters my tree in Texas will soon be watering you tree in North Africa or China. I sing for people to find at least a little joy every day.
And for the New Year, I wish these things and more for all of you. Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments: