Sunday, April 07, 2019

Continental cooking

So my son, Italo, all 33 years old, was eating left overs today and said: "You really know a lot about food, dad. I never really understood that you were a chef, even when we had our restaurant in the Amazon." That would have been The Cold Beer Blues Bar on Pablo Rossel, right on the Puerto Mastranza that we had from early 1998 to the end of 2000.
I said, "yeah, I was gifted with cooking". Thursday I made Chicken Parmesan; Friday I made a Texas barbeque with chicken in a Peruvian-style marinade, beans, potato and egg salad, smoked sausage, fresh hot sausage, rice, and marinated asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, scallions, and red pepper on the grill as well. Saturday I made a Moroccan lamb tajine with couscous and a cucumber/yogurt/curry/lime side; and tonight I am making open chicken burritos with roasted chicken and garlic, good black beans, pico de gallo, cheese, avocado, romaine, sour cream and hot sauce.
Four days: Europe, South America, North America, Africa.
Yeah, Italo. I know a lot about food. And I am very happy that I do. thanks, Mom and Dad. I appreciate the knowledge.

No comments: