Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Simple Swordfish

Okay. I'm sorry I killed the swordfish by buying it. I'm completely guilty. I also let my cat kill a mouse--after playing with it for 30 minutes--and two beautiful grasshoppers this morning. And I fed Madeleina orange juice and watermelon and canteloupe. Hell, every stinking thing I do turns out I'm killing things. I know, as a born catholic and alter boy, that I'm going to purgatory for a long time. Shit.

Having prayed over that, I'm sauteeing a 1" piece of swordfish--total of 1/2 pound--in fresh olive oil and garlic. When I turn it I will add sea salt--$18 dollars a pound!!!!--and fresh cracked black pepper--and when I pull it altogether, I will put some diced red pepper, fresh minced scallions, diced red onion, and minced cilantro into the pan with 1/2 tea spoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of teriyaki sauce and a dash of balsamic vinegar.
At the end I will add 2 ounces of capers with the juice, which will give it a bite.
And I am serving it over fresh spinach dipped into boiling water and strained, then sauteed with garlic, olive oil, and raspberry vinegar.
And when it's all done, there will be 8 ounces of fish, 10 ounces of organic veggies and 1 ounce of organic sauce. Half each for Madeleina and I.
So we'll be okay from this meal, I think.
And if I could, I would go to a take out place like sonic and buy a couple of sonic blasts--ice cream--to have instead of the swordfish. Damn, why did I have to grow up catholic?????

No comments: