Monday, April 21, 2014

New Book in the Offing

I've been away for a couple of weeks. Partly due to the immense pain that has accompanied a pinched or something sciatic nerve. It's kept me from appreciating life while I wince continually. Somehow, I've managed to get several stories and the lawn done. More stories on the way.
    But I'm also putting together a book of some of my blog pieces. You guys already read them, in all probability. I've picked about 80 out of the near-800 entries and in the last week have tossed 10 of those in favor of 10 others. It's a bit of a buffet, rather than a specific entree: There is stuff from New York, from my bar in Peru, from the family, from the Amazon, from Ayahuasca, from politics. It goes without saying that except for the best 24,374 books written in the English language, this is the best book ever. You'll laugh, you'll cry,  you'll want to ring my neck. Don't do that last thing, okay? That would hurt.
    The tentative title is Observations from a Peculiar Perch. I've got Johan  Fremin designing it; Morgan Maher illustrating it--this time with wild art rather than sketches--and all four of my hateful but fantastic editors lined up to tar and feather me. So it's the same team that did my last book.
    The pieces here will be polished up some when they need it, though I don't want to get away from the simple urgency of the feel of blog pieces.
    We all think this can be done by early July.
    So if you want a signed copy, send me $25 bucks via paypal to peterg9@yahoo.com and include an address and I'll put you on the list. You'll get the first copies from the printer. If you're in Europe or Australia, that's $30 because shipping alone is about $10 or more.
    Monies sent will go to feeding the kids, my Madeleina, Boots the Blind Wonderdog, the cats and those damned editors. One dollar of every 20 will be reserved for cheap wine.
    Actually, I've been working on this project little by little for about a year and then intensified wildly when I returned from Peru in early March. So now we're on the way. I think I've got a good team and I think it really will be a good book, no fooling. Just yesterday, Easter, Madeleina went over the table of contents and came up with four stories I had to include and five she said were boring. So it's coming along.
    Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

Devon said...

looking forward to reading it!

Siebie said...

What a treat! Can't wait!

Zarbby Malapai said...

Do anyone still doubt natural herbs? I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. I wonder why people still spend their money on injections and drugs each time they are sick. Natural herbs can cure all kinds of illness including herpes, diabetes, asthma, HIV, HSV1&2, hepatitis, HPV etc. I've seen it with my own eyes. I was cured from Herpes and HPV and my aunt and her husband were cured from Hiv too by DR. Chukwu madu herbs. He uses natural herbs to cure different kind of virus. Dr. Chukwu prove to the world that natural herbs can cure all illness and he cured countless people using herbs. I know is hard to believe but am a living testimony. I was diagnose of Herpes and HPV in 2016 and i believe there is cure even when the doctors said there is no cure yet. I strongly believe in herbs and i came across a comment on a blog written by Lisa Pierre, saying she was cured from HERPES by Dr. CHUKWU MADU and i contacted his herbal hom on the email that was provided on the comment and order one for myself and he send it to me through UPS and gave me instructions on how to use it and after i finish taken it i went for checkup and the result shows am Herpes and HPV NEGATIVE. The doctor said that the virus is completely gone from my body. There is no harm trying herbs it work perfectly and it has no effect. You can contact Dr. CHUKWU MADU to get yours.. His email is dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com.
WhatsApp +2347030936239.