Friday, September 19, 2014

Unbelievable Stuff Has Shown Up Unexpectedly at My Door

In the last six months, some packages containing unbelievable stuff have shown up at my front door. They're totally unexpected presents and when they come it feels like heaven's raining on me. When my leg was bad people sent all sorts of things, from fabulous honey to colloidal silver to homemade creams and lotions. Those were all very thoughtful.
    This latest round of gifts, however, sort of came out of thin air. One person dropped off a bottle of Chipotle Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a bottle of Aged Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar. An old friend sent down a health body package that included New Earth Organics Black Mountain Ants, Raw Organic Schizandra, Shizandra Berries and a large bag of Goji Berries. Someone recently presented us with a jar of Mulungu Bark, used in a tea to relieve tension and strengthen the heart. Last month someone gave Madeleina and I an Ipad Air.
    Yesterday a box arrived with steaks and hot dogs and cheese cake and apple fritters and such. Then another box came and it had a bottle of Spanish Organic Extra Virgin Garlic flavored Olive Oil and an aged bottle of Balsamic Vinagrette; wild raw honey with the come was in the box too, as was a box of raw organic peanuts from the Amazon and a bag of mesquite powder and exotic soaps and more exotic olive oil and vinegar and good chocolate.
    Someone's coming over tomorrow who asked me if I'd like a bottle--or part of a bottle--of 10 month-aged Jim Beam bourbon that was bottled in 1961 along with a Hohner 4 octave chromatic harmonica...
     All of you: Thank you. I am stunned by your kindness and generosity. Wow and thanks are what I feel.

No comments: