Sunday, August 08, 2010

Da Book, Manly Work, Feeling Sorry for Myself

First, good morning. Whew...glad we got that out of the way.
First, the book. Surprisingly, some copies of Ayahuasca in My Blood--25 Years of Amazon Dreaming are being sold. Not 1000, but nearly 100, not counting the people who have bought straight through me. Just a week ago two different book stores, one in the UK and one here in the US, bought 10 and 4 books, respectively. I don't know who they are, but I'm hoping it's an indication that some people are asking for it and then some bookstore owners are looking into it and finding it something they should have on their shelves. Cool.
So go get one from Amazon.com. And if you do, and you happen to find it good--or brilliant or whatever--write me a review on the amazon.com page. I've got six up there now and 5 of them are 5 star reviews. One was a 4 star. I have never met any of those people though one of them posts on the ayahuasca.com forums. The others? I've got no clue whatsoever. So I guess the work is making sense to some people. Now, if I can just get that number to start rolling into the thousands, well, that would make for a good Christmas for a couple of pals who could use a hand these days.
Might not matter to anyone but me, but it's nice to see that in the first month I sold 20 copies; in the second I sold 31 and this month, with the bookstore boost, I'm already up to 35 and we're only on August 8. If that trend would continue, well, that would be swell!
Now, Manly Work: I finally bought the darned new blade for my circular saw and began marking off the lengths of the wood I need to rebuild that front porch fence. Which is what I'm about to do, after I quit stalling with this blog. It's hot and it's gonna be noisy and I'm gonna use hammers and screwdrivers and a crowbar to pull the old sections apart, so that adds up to Manly Work. Ahhhh.....something I only like after it's done.
Now for being the luckiest guy in the world, man can I be a sissy. I've felt lonesome since my old college pal and Marfa cohort left town on Tuesday. So I got high on wine and soda and went to bed early the last three nights. Like 8 o'clock early. That is going to stop. As of now. No more of that nonsense, Gorman. You got a life to live, and that doesn't include being a sorry son of a bitch.
Glad I had that little talk with myself. I needed it.
And thanks for being witness to it.

No comments: