Friday, September 25, 2020

A Note on Brujeria

People often ask me about brujeria, dark magic. I tell them it is the effort of someone to cause someone else pain. In the Amazon Jungle, it might be someone poisoning someone else's chickens — physically or through the use of negative energy. It might be someone causing a marriage to break up by saying negative things to one party or the other.
Brujeria often occurs when a curandero, a healer, falls off the path of positivity and onto a path of negativity. Why they do that I have no idea. But they often become people that other people go to for the purpose of causing pain to a third person. Hiring a brujo is a simple thing. And they can be pretty powerful folk. I know that sounds crazy here in the US, but it is a reality in a place like Northwestern Amazonia, in my experience, where there is a lot less white noise to interfere with a person's energy than there is here in the USA.
To me, brujos are spiritual gunfighters for hire.

 

No comments: