Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Hellish health nonsense

I have run into illness a lot over the last several years. My legs have been swarmed by flesh eating bacteria twice, costing me a lot of muscle. My intestines burst three time, costing me to be cut from stem to stern until my upper and lower body no longer know each other's plans. The Brazilian Wandering Spider bite cost me the nerves in my left hand and the two anaconda bites cost me the nerves in my right hand. i can hardly type anymore.
Then last year, about 18 months ago, I had kidney, liver and congestive heart failure at once. 14 days in ICU and they took more than 50 pounds of water from me, from 238 to 180 lbs/ I've gained 20 of that back but I am working and I plan to be in the Amazon, with my own boat, in January for a 50 day trip[ into the nederlands. Every day is hard work, but since I went into the hospital in Feb, 2020, and in the next 4 trips to the hospital this year, I am getting fed up. I will never be 45 again but I can still be me if I work at it. My oldest son Italo sent me these two photos yesterday of me at 46 in New York City. At 70 I will never be there again, but this is what I am aiming for.
 

 

No comments: