Sunday, June 07, 2015

Called a Winner but Feeling Like a Loser

As I frantically struggle with a cover story for the Fort Worth Weekly that's due tomorrow--and I mean frantically, as in I'm not getting it, I have written nothing worthwhile on it and it stinks so far--I just got the news that the Houston Press Club, the foremost press organization in Texas, has awarded me 2nd place as the Texas' print journalist of the year. Several stories, including two on criminalizing middle and high school truancy here in Texas and the long-lasting effect that has on students and their families, another on gas companies ripping off royalty payments to homeowners, and one more on former Texas Governor Rick Perry leaving millions uninsured because he refused to expand Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act made up the package that was judged.
So why can't I get a handle on the new piece????? I don't know. I guess I'm just a loser. Got to keep working. Have a great day, everybody!

4 comments:

GrubLife said...

Hey Mr. Gorman! How can I contact you? Your website contact page doesn't work. I'd like to ask about your trips to Peru. Thanks!

Peter Gorman said...

Thanks for writing. You can reach me at peterg9 at yahoo.com.

stephen said...

Second place???? Strewth,they haven't got a clue have they?

stephen said...

Second place???? Strewth,they haven't got a clue have they?